On behalf of the Legend Band Booster Board, I would like to extend a warm welcome to all of the new and returning parents and students enrolled in the 2021-2022 Legend Band program. I would also like to start by answering a few questions.How do you join the Legend Band Boosters?
You are in! By having a current or past student enrolled in the Legend Band program makes you a Legend Band Booster!What do Legend Band Boosters do?
The Legend Band Boosters support all students and families in the Legend Band program, including marching band, concert & symphonic bands, wind ensemble, color guard, winter guard, percussion, indoor percussion, and jazz band. We support students, Mr. Otis, and the band program through fundraising and a tremendous amount of volunteer hours.
The Legend Band Boosters also support band families by striving to provide opportunities for family and parent social events through not only volunteering opportunities but also through regular social gatherings.When do the Legend Band Boosters meet?
Booster meetings are held on the second Wednesday of the month at 7pm. All parents are invited to attend these meetings to receive the most recent band program updates, get questions answered, learn about upcoming fundraisers and volunteer needs, and meet and socialize with other great and supportive booster parents.How can I support the Legend Band?
A program as comprehensive and successful as the Legend Band program needs everyone's support
to keep it strong. There are three main ways Legend Band Boosters provide support to Mr. Otis and the Legend Band students.
- Hundreds of opportunities are available to support the band throughout the year.
- With various time commitments, flexible schedules, and a wide variety of skills needed, there are volunteer opportunities for EVERYONE!
- For major fundraisers, we are always in need of:
- Other ways booster parents directly support the band include:
- Donating food to feed the band at practices, football games, and competitions
- Serving meals to students and staff at football games & band events
- Sewing/mending band flags & uniforms
- ...and so much more!
- Attend & Cheer!
- The excitement of band performances is performing for people. Our students and staff love to have parents attend performances to cheer on the band. You will not believe the changes that happen with just one week between performances and will appreciate the amazing growth when you then see the regional and state performances.
- Have time in the afternoon or on Saturday? Feel free to enjoy the grass and shade in the lower parking lot while you watch the behind the scenes magic of the Legend Band practices.
- The Legend Band Boosters commit to raising over $100,000 every year to cover some of the following expenses:
- Staff salaries
- Equipment Rental
- There are many ways to help with fundraising; many of them do not require any additional money from your pocket.
- Please take just a few minutes to add Legend Band Boosters to your King Soopers preferred customer card and link your Amazon account to Amazon Smile. Visit the Give tab for instructions.
- Legend Band Boosters are a Legend High School Band Boosters Inc. is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Contributions may be tax deductible; please consult your tax professional.
- Does your company participate in charitable donation campaigns? How about adding the Legend Band Boosters as your charitable organization?
- Do you know an organization that would like to sponsor the Legend Band? Let us know, and we will invite them to participate in our sponsorship program.
- Look for reminders and announcements in the weekly newsletter regarding upcoming fundraising opportunities.
The boosters are always truly appreciative of any and all help and support of Mr. Otis and all of the amazing students in the band program.
I look forward to meeting and getting to know all of you and working with you throughout the year to support the Legend Band program!
Band Booster President